Only 10 short years ago, companies did not have to think about social media. Today, if a company doesn’t have a social media strategy and someone to execute it, it can have a hugely negative impact on their business. This is because adoption of social media has soared across all age groups.
Its no secret that your social media presence is incredibly important, now more than ever. Especially considering these facts.
- Over 83% of Americans have at least one social media account (up 21% from 2015)
- 91% of those 83% access social media through a mobile device
- Only 23% of Americans say they still read the newspaper (down from 54% in 2004)
- Half of all Americans, 50 and under, ALWAYS read reviews before doing business with a new company
- 48% of Americans have interacted with companies or institutions on at least one social media network
- Facebook has 1.65 billion monthly active users and 1.09 billion daily active users, on average
- Nearly one-third of Facebook users (32%) engage with brands regularly.
If you don’t have a social media strategy you are missing out on some serious growth opportunities.
Social media can be your best friend or it can be your worst enemy. One thing is for sure, small and medium sized businesses should no longer ignore it. And we believe that a strong and positive social media presence for your business is just as important today in 2017, as it was to have great phone customer service as little as 10 or 15 years ago.